Founded in 2005, INRIX pioneered the practice of managing traffic by analyzing data not just from road sensors, but also from vehicles. This breakthrough approach enabled INRIX to become one of the leading providers of data and insight into how people move around the world.
INRIX delivers innovative products for the automotive and transportation industries such as real-time parking and traffic information and solutions that facilitate the safe testing and deployment of autonomous vehicles. They also provide new insights to a variety of other industries that can make better business decisions by understanding how people move throughout the day.
Where does INRIX collect the data from?
INRIX collects data streams from local transport authorities, sensors on road networks, fleet vehicles such as delivery vans, long haul trucks and taxis, not to mention consumer users of the INRIX Traffic App. Having a rich feed of data is just one part of the puzzle, it’s at the analysis stage that the real magic happens! INRIX crunches this data and translates it into easy to understand travel advice – which drivers can access through radio reports, real-time sat-nav systems in car and through INRIX’s app. In fact over 200 customers and industry partners worldwide use INRIX’s travel recommendations – including the BBC, Ford, MapQuest, Microsoft, NAVIGON AG, TeleNav, I-95 Corridor Coalition, Tele Atlas, deCarta, TCS, , ANWB and ADAC.
The information is available for all road users through the radio and business as well as and anyone looking to avoid the cost of congestion in the form of the INRIX Traffic free app. INRIX insights also appeal to businesses such as fleet networks, which need to plan journeys and develop flexible payment methods for their customers. Using real-time traffic information, as well as standard navigation and mapping software, fleet management companies can determine the most cost-effective time of day to make a journey. The predictive traffic information from INRIX allows business fleets to plan using time-of-day dependent speeds for better accuracy, resulting in both fuel and time savings. INRIX information can help businesses and consumers alike plan their journeys in the most cost and time-efficient way.
The INRIX Traffic app is designed to enable drivers to make smarter driving solutions, and comes in a free version, as well as the premium edition, which costs £17.49. Using the same technology that operates in connected cars manufactured by companies such as Ford, the premium app allows users to unlock features such as traffic predictions on an unlimited number of routes, ensuring the best routes to get the user from A to B.
INRIX collects data from over 100 million drivers in 32 countries. Top automakers with built-in navigation systems and multiple iOS map apps rely on INRIX’s data in its products. Beyond developer and car manufacturer partnerships, INRIX licenses data to governments to support road traffic management and planning, TV and radio stations for on-air traffic reports, commercial fleets who utilise the data to manage their delivery times, sat nav systems who input INRIX’s traffic service as an add on feature, and traffic websites. As well as the many corporate deals, INRIX has its own consumer facing navigation app with a premium option retailing at £17, which is targeted to consumers who simply want to know how best and how long it will take to get from A to B.
Opportunities Beyond Mobility: Make Data-Driven Decisions
- Site Selection: Commercial real estate and site selection experts are increasingly embracing Big Data in their business decisions when choosing new store/business locations. Utilizing a variety of data enables decision makers to evaluate and assess the advantages and disadvantages of a specific location. INRIX licensed data has valuable and powerful datasets that enhance analytic platforms for location selection, performance and management in order to make accurate decisions. Using INRIX data allows companies to pinpoint potential sites that will be financially viable and analyze current locations’ profitability by combining INRIX Volume Profile (Traffic Count), INRIX Trade Areas, INRIX Parking and INRIX Drive Time. INRIX Trade Areas enables retailers and site selection experts to better assess trade areas for candidate site locations without the need to physically visit each candidate location or conduct expensive studies. With INRIX Trade Areas you can query a year’s worth of customer trips over a specific geographical area in minutes and gain insight into who, what, when and where customers come from to quickly select the best location for your business.
- Auto Insurance: INRIX provides auto insurance companies with new insights into driver behavior and actual road conditions, enabling you to optimize your decision making around premium prices and better manage your customer base. They provide unprecedented levels of detail pertaining to more roads than ever before available, such as frequency of incidents, time-of-day and volume counts.
- Real Estate: Real Estate has always been about “location, location, location.” And, in the past people considered the miles between their home and frequented places when looking at new homes. However, what has become critically important about home location is minutes not miles. Now, homeowners want to know exactly how long a commute a home represents to and from work, daycare, shopping and the like. INRIX Drive Time eliminates commute time guesswork for homebuyers. Instead of “driving the route to work” from every house on their list, your customers can quickly determine how long it takes to drive to and from different houses at different times of the day and on different days of the week.
- Media: From bedroom communities to the statewide level and beyond, INRIX media content is one-of-a-kind, trustworthy, highly discoverable and can be deployed across multiple platforms.Using our high-quality movement data, precision traffic reports, apps and services, you can help your audience save time and money, while simultaneously generating valuable content that is easily monetized.
- Deliveries & Logistics: As our society is becoming increasingly mobile-first, businesses are expanding their reach to get products and services in the hands of customers with the tap of a button. This added convenience is great for consumers, but leaves businesses with the difficult task of dealing with delivery logistics. INRIX is helping companies adapt by providing them with location-based data and insights to outsmart traffic, avoid accidents and road closures, and optimize delivery times, make deliveries faster, safer and more reliably. They help some of the biggest online retailers and food delivery services optimize routes with traffic data, drive times, and loading zone information to ensure orders are always delivered on-time.
- Advertising: Billboard advertising has long been plagued with the challenges of limited exposure time, poor targeting and an inability to measure effectiveness. Ad copy and imagery is often based on the worst case scenario–cars going too fast for people to engage with much information. Methods for calculating the number of people exposed to a message has lacked the kind of data that would make the exercise meaningful. INRIX solves these issues for advertisers by providing valuable insight into the people who pass by your billboards, enabling you to better target your message and measure results moment-to-moment.