Initial Submission Round (Spring 2022)
Initial pitches are due no later than Monday, May 23, 2022 at 9 AM ET. Late submissions will not be accepted. When you submit your pitch using our internal submission form, you will need to upload two files:
- Your pitch deck in PDF form (please consult this template in creating your deck, then save as PDF and upload to the submission form).
- A video of you pitching your idea as you would in a live competition (either as file upload or link to recording).
- Your video must be no longer than 3 minutes in length. Please be advised that judges will stop the video at the 3 minute mark and will not continue viewing.
- We encourage you to play a demo if you have one during your pitch (please be sure to plan for this and manage your time appropriately).
- Your team must select one person to submit the video and materials on your team’s behalf. One submission only per team.
- Should your team be selected to pitch live at the finals, please note that no more than 3 people per team will be allowed onstage to pitch.
- You will be asked to submit all names of team members in the submission form; should your pitch be selected for the final round in June, all team members’ names will be displayed in the printed program for the competition finals.
- Three to four pitches will be selected for the finals, which will be held in person, on the HBS campus, during the HBAP Return to Campus Reunion, on Saturday June 25th. Please do not submit if you know you will be unavailable to pitch in person.
- If you are submitting a pitch but are not among the cohorts invited to attend the Return to Campus Reunion, please let us know; should you be selected for the finals, we will secure you an invite to campus (travel at your own expense).
Selection Criteria for Finalists
- Vision: Is the idea compelling and exciting? Is it Impactful? Does the company have potential for over $100M?
- Business Viability: Is this business idea realistic? Is the technology viable? Is the business plan clear?
- Data and Analytics: Is this an AI-first company? Is the company’s use of AI and data critical to its business–either to solve a central problem or as a key differentiator from other solutions?
- Team: Is this the right team composition (experience, vision, background, etc.)?
- Community Values: Is the team committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging? How does the team plan to incorporate DEIB into their startup as it grows (hiring, products, community impact, etc.)?
Finalists will be notified of their status no later than June 8, 2022; at that time, we will provide additional detail on what teams need to prepare for the finals on June 25th.
View the About page for more information about the community guidelines.
Keep an eye on this space for the latest events, workshops, and opportunities in this journey.